Posted on Friday Jul 8, 2011 at 10:34 AM
Hey Beans, I have a 20ft 1995 VIP Valiant with a Mercruiser 5.7 V8. I charged the battery overnight monday and tuesday morning I loaded it up and tried to start it in the driveway before I left just to be sure. When I turned the key the starter clicked as if the battery were dead, then the battery post got real hot and melted. I unhooked everything real quick to avoid a fire. Battery was connected correctly. What are your thoughts on this? If you work on inboards I need to get mine into you, needs going over and tuned up anyhow. I also have noticed a small leak in the outdrive.