Posted on Sunday Aug 25, 2013 at 9:33 PM
If anyone has a solution, I'd be curious, too.
Once a grasshopper reaches adult stage, their exoskeleton is so tough, very few sprays or powders are affective. Sevin will take out the young.
I haven't tried it, but I always heard that the adults have a bacteria on the their exoskeleton, that if ingested, will kill them. Supposedly you catch 4 or 5 and put them in gallon or so of water. After steeping for a couple of days, you spray the 'tea' on your plants. Unfortunately, it takes several days to the bacteria to work.